- Be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Be at least 17 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent or, age 19+ (with or without a high school diploma or equivalent)
- Attend weekly gatherings during PathwayConnect (one full year)
- Strive to live by the BYU-Idaho Honor Code
- Complete an English proficiency assessment (for non-native English speakers)
- Be capable of entry-level college academic work with post-secondary disability accommodations, if qualified and required
- Be able to access a computer with high-speed Internet and webcam/video chat capabilities on a daily basis
- Live within a reasonable commuting distance of a PathwayConnect location
Applying to PathwayConnect is simple. Follow these steps to start your journey today.
To apply to PathwayConnect, you will need an LDS Account. Please select one of these options:
I Have an LDS Account
Great! Let’s make sure your Membership Record Number (MRN) is connected to your LDS Account.
Log in at ldsaccount.lds.org, and select the “Membership” tab on the left.
If your MRN appears — you may proceed to #2 below.
If your MRN does not appear, enter it on the screen. Your MRN can be found on your temple recommend, individual ordinance summary, or through a ward clerk or other Church leaders.(Note: You may submit an application to PathwayConnect without your MRN. However, your application will not be processed until you return to ldsaccount.lds.org and enter your MRN.)
I Do Not Have an LDS Account
No problem, you can easily create one. Go to ldsaccount.lds.org, and select “Register for an LDS Account.”
As part of the registration process, you will be asked for your Membership Record Number (MRN). Your MRN can be found on your temple recommend, individual ordinance summary, or through a ward clerk or other Church leaders.(Note: You may submit an application to PathwayConnect without your MRN. However, your application will not be processed until you return to ldsaccount.lds.org and enter your MRN.)
I Might Have an LDS Account — I'm Not Sure
OK, we can help. Go to ldsaccount.lds.org, and select “I have forgotten my username.” Choose an option provided. If you have an active LDS Account, the system will provide you with your username.
If you find out that you do have an LDS Account, select “I Have an LDS Account” from the options above, and follow the instructions.
If you do not have an LDS Account, select “I Do Not Have an LDS Account” from the options above, and follow the instructions.
PathwayConnect is available in hundreds of locations worldwide. Follow these steps to submit an application:
- Search for a PathwayConnect location near you.
- Click the PathwayConnect location you want to apply to.
If the location is currently accepting applications, you will see a blue “Apply” button.
If the location is not accepting applications, contact the Pathway missionaries listed on the page to find out the next available start date.
If you are a returning PathwayConnect student, please complete the Returning Student Survey instead of completing a PathwayConnect application.
+ An ecclesiastical endorsement is required at the end of Pathway for those students who choose to pursue a degree through BYU-Idaho online or on campus.